Welcome to Augustus Construction!
We’re here because we think this is one of the most beautiful places on earth. The Outer Cape rests on a glacial moraine laid down during the last Ice Age, 25,000 years ago. The glacier gouged out the many fresh water ponds and kettle holes which have made good swimming, boating and fishing for generations of Cape Codders and visitors. The high dunes, wide stretches of green salt marshes, streams, rivers, islands, and natural harbors, the woods of pine and oak, beach roses and wild blueberries, the sound of the wind and sea, all offer a restorative return to nature. Oysters, quahogs, lobsters, and scallops, stripers fluke and bluefish feed us as they did native people for thousands of years. The towns and villages, with their mixture of independent and iconoclastic natives and adventuresome wash a shores, make for an accepting, welcoming community.
Augustus Construction has been building custom homes on Cape Cod since 1984. It is the vision at Augustus Construction to be the best custom building firm on the Outer Cape. We accomplish this mission with an uncommon commitment to quality and master workmanship; honest, clear communication with our clients; and a dedicated, skilled, and loyal team of employees. We want the quality and character of working with Augustus Construction to be the basis of our “word of mouth” referrals by satisfied clients, architects, and designers, venders, and subcontractors, real estate associates, and our many friends in the Outer Cape community. We are Passive house certified and specialize in energy efficient building using new technologies with old world skill. We love our work and its challenges. We know how to build a solid house that can resist the powerful storms that batter us and still look beautiful. We offer complete services from design to construction to move in day for new homes and remodeling and additions. Call us or stop in and visit.
Our Goals & Priorities
- “Tiny Intervention in Cape Cod” House #2 The Seashell; FYI Network, January 19, 2015 The 2nd house 8 minutes into the episode.
- “Behind the Dune.” Coastal Living; Summer 2014
- “Repeat History” Boston Magazine Home: Summer 2010
- “Slough Pond Residence” featured in the book “100 Country Houses” ed.by Andrea Boekel; Images Publishing Group 2006
- Isenberg House. Better Homes and Gardens; May 1998
- “Pamet Cottage” Cape Cod Home; Annual 1997
- “Easy Living House.” Better Homes and Gardens; May 1996
- “1,500 Sq FT Seaside Jewel.” House Beautiful; Home Building Edition, Spring/Summer 1996
- Scheller House, Milton MA, Global Architecture; August 1985
- Cape and Island Realtors Award for “Revitalization of Our Community” for the Mackinnon House (design and build) 1994
- Cape and Islands Realtor Award for “Revitalization of Our Community” for the Higgins House (design and build) 1986